Thursday, April 23, 2009

Winter projects

Well, this hat was long in coming. I had to drag my husband to the craft store to pick his colors. After that, I had to fit it to his head. This took about 8 tries and several hours of pulling my stitches out (along with my hair). I also had to re-design the pattern he liked. I finally got it going and then couldn’t get the top right. I pulled this out several times as well. Finally it was done and I told him he had to wear it for the rest of the year’s cold weather. I think he only wore it once. The final issue was that the pattern seems skewed – because I did it in the round. Errrrr. No more hats for Schmoopy!

This lovely wool yarn is from Spain (El Gato Negro) in Madrid. I did a search on Google maps and found it. I also did a search to learn if there were any especially good types of yarns or shops in Madrid. I made my non-yarny brother go into this shop and pick yarns as per my instructions. He did a pretty good job I think on the color selections. I haven’t decided what to make yet either. I’m thinking that a swatch is in order first to find out how it felts and such.


No comments:

Post a Comment