Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Redemption


So the holiday season of giving is coming to a close and I have good news. Actually, great news - I finished several projects! One of these long-in-coming projects was the Lion Brand Pond Friend toy. The main problem for me was the lack of yarn. This project required NINE different colors! It took me over a year to gather all of the correct yarn and then there was the gage issue... My lack of patients , I'm sure, played a small part in this. So I came out of the project with an enormose bee ring which may come in handy as a hemoroid pillow. :)

But the whole reason for this gift was, Jude, a sweet little guy with an extremely talented knitting mom. She saw the crocheted toy and exclaimed, "Oh, how cute!" Knowing she is not likely to become a "hooker," I stepped in and made the toy instead. I was delighted to present the toy to Jude this week. He was thrilled and it made all the craziness worth the effort.

The other project was a spontaneous one of a child's knit, top-down hat. I decided to use two wool yarns at the same time to make-up for not having the correct yarn. Therefore my gage was wrong again - I just won't learn. However, after 5 ripping sessions, I finally finished it and love it.




What have I learned from these projects and the gage issues? If I want to share the joy of giving, I gotta' get gage!

2 comments: