Friday, May 27, 2011

Bring the joy of yarn to my hood

Now that the semester is over, I need to build in a little more structure to my "free time." So I'm resurrecting my hopes for a local yarny group in my neighborhood. I had one meeting (pre-football season) last fall and we had a lot of fun. However, we lost our location to the football game and the restaurant's big-screen TV. I needed a new home and thankfully Sugar Cafe opened just down the main drag in my hood of Dormont. After getting approval, Kelly James, owner and yummy-food-creator, has open her doors to this "crafty idea." The first gathering will be on June 5th at 2pm.

If you are interested in coming (yet, may not be free on Sunday), leave a comment so I can add you to the mailing list for future events.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy!

    I was just at the Sugar Cafe this morning and I noticed the sign on the window for the knitting group last Sunday. I was SO sad to have missed it, asked one of the baristas if he knew when the next one would be, and he said he wasn't sure. I couldn't wait to get home and send you a message!!

    I'm obsessed with knitting - on ravelry I'm naturlich1. Let's be friends :)

    Would you like to get together sometime and knit? I live in Beechview and am moving to Mt. Washington in July. Still in search of a roommate, but I'll find one eventually...hopefully one that is tolerant of an extreme fiber enthusiast haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the knitting party go? Was is wild and crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I was all alone actually. Unfortunately, the place was quite hot and not very comfy. :( I think I'll need to pick a less sunny time and try again...

    ReplyDelete